Monday, February 28, 2011

The Best Website Ever

You know what's cool? Music. You know what's cooler? Live music. You know what's even cooler? Live music being played through the streets of France. This week I was introduced to a wesbite/youtube channel called "La Blogotheque" and it is probably the best thing that has happened to me as a music-lover. And the worst thing that has happened to me as a student.
La Blogotheque is a French blog completely devoted to music and...completely in French. I speak a little bit of French but not really enough to figure out where to find the videos on the actual website. Lucky for me, they also have a youtube channel, found here. The videos are called "Take Away Shows" as they feature various artists walking through the streets, instruments and all.
And when I say various artists, I actually mean pretty much every artist ever (that actually uses instruments). They've got pretty much all my faves: Arcade FireSufjan StevensThe Kooks, and even artists I've already featured on here like Menomena and artists that will be featured in the future like Beirut!
When I say that this site is the worst thing that has happened to me as a student, I mean that I have found myself spending endless hours discovering tons of new music when I should be writing papers and studying for midterms. But, I can't complain, because it really has opened my eyes to a whole new world of music which I can feature on future blog entries!

2 comments:

  1. Hey now! Don't be skimping on the paper writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is interesting. I love street music. If you live in the NYC, the music/performance on the streets are amazing even though everyone is in a rush to truly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete